Phylum's mission is to secure the software supply chain. With a team of career security researchers and developers with decades of experience in U.S. Intelligence community and commercial sectors, we leverage an offensive-security mindset that enables the best defensive products for our customers.
Our Founding Team
- 14 years of experience working in software engineering and information security
- Offensive and defensive cybersecurity expert
- 11 years in the U.S. Intelligence Community
- Led development at Sony for the Global Threat Emulation cell
- Research: program synthesis, malware diversity, software anomaly detection, application of natural language processing techniques to binary analysis
Chief Technology Officer
- 6 years with the National Security Agency developing software for network defense, tools for offensive counter cyber intelligence
- Performed research with several national laboratories and completed projects on network defense analytics, cryptography, and machine learning
- Developed the red team toolkit for Sony
- Reported security issues to AT&T, Y Combinator, Apple, and United Airlines
- Security researcher for 20 years focused on product and application security, hardware and software reverse engineering, and software development
- Successfully led security teams at Matasano Security, Accuvant/Optiv R+D, and Clever Security
- Found and helped fix critical issues in pacemaker and implantable cardio defibrillators for two of the top medical device manufacturers
CISO at Pinwheel
Holds CISSP, CEH, and CISA certifications, and previously held global leadership positions at DailyPay, Sony, PR Newswire and Deloitte.
CEO & Co-Founder of Halcyon
Seasoned security product executive with over 20 years of experience in information security. Held previous leadership roles at Accuvant/Optiv and Cylance.
Former CTO for Cisco, Australia & NZ
Held previous leadership roles at Lucent (now Nokia), JNA Telecommunications, and OTC (now Telstra).
CTO & Co-Founder at Halcyon
Held previous roles for consulting, product, and Fortune 50 organizations, discovering and exploiting highly impactful vulnerabilities in widely deployed client and server software.
CMO at JupiterOne
Former Forrester analyst who helped build and advise high growth software companies including CA Technologies, Veracode, Signal Sciences, and Sonatype.